Last Updated: 05/31/2021
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. If you are a Customer User and register to use our Services, we will receive your name, username, email, phone number and your role at your company. If you sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys, we ask you for your name, email address, and phone number.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team or submit a “Contact Us” request, we will receive your name, title, the Company you’re associated with, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you request a demo of the Services through our website, we will ask you to provide your name, email, what you are interested in, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our Services, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf.
Other Information. If you use our Services in the course of assisting the Company with beta testing such Services, we may receive the information you choose to upload into the platform, including your name, email, username and phone number. This information is not required to test the Services, and we do not use this information for any purpose.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Service, we can infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Call and Text Information. We work with third party partners to facilitate emails, phone calls (including video conferencing calls) and text messages between Customer Users and Participant Users who have been connected. We may receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls made when using our Services. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow us to monitor and/or record your call.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
Third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our TOS or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
What Cookies Do We Use
Below is an overview of the types of cookies we and third parties may use to collect information.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make the Services available to you. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Legal Bases For Processing European Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
- Contractual necessity. We need your information to provide you with the Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visitinghttps://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, people you follow, and the dates and times of your visits.
Sharing Between Users. If you are a Customer User, we will facilitate sharing information between you and individuals enrolled or who may be enrolled in a clinical trial, as further described in the agreement between us and our customers.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your information, restrict or object to the processing of your information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. We may transfer information from the European Union or the United Kingdom to the United States based on Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform the Services that you have requested from us, or with your consent By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question
Vienna, VA 22182